As we gear up to celebrate Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday on the second of October, who can forget how he was a source of inspiration? “Be the Change you want to see in the world.”- This is one of his widely-used quotes, and people truly love to live by it.
His quote has only left people craving for more words of strength; we thought, why not remember his spirit by compiling a list of the 25 ‘be the change’ quotes for an extra dose of motivation? If you have been feeling down, then you have stumbled upon the right page. Read the best, from the best of inspirational people.
1. Let him who would move the world first move himself.― Socrates
This ‘be the change’ quote is more in line with the one in the first paragraph, that asserts that change begins from self. When every single self makes that move inside, the world outside will automatically fall into place.
2. Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.― Arnold Bennett
The journey of a positive change is a rocky path. Therefore, it is for the best that we remain prepared for the bitterness that comes before this positivity. That ‘drawback’ or ‘discomfort’ only testifies your of efforts and motivation.
3. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.― Mother Teresa
A role model to many, Mother Teresa’s these words sure leave one thinking. One person alone cannot change the world. But his/her initiation will instil that same sentiment in those around. Maybe, ‘you’ can also create ripples with your slight change.
4. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.― Nelson Mandela
The man who created history stands by education to create lifelong changes. It surely is one to stick with.
5. When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.― Benjamin Franklin
Well said and accurate; we know already that change is the only constant. The day we stop adapting to that, ‘we’re finished’.
6. No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself. ― Madonna
The world idolizes her, and she has some amazing motivation quotes to give away. Hard to believe, but true, being a better version of ourselves is liberating.
7. Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.― Shannon L. Alder
Give this one a significant nod if you have been there and done that! No feeling beats the one of self-pride. Change leads to breaking shackles and locking freedom.
8. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.― Leo Tolstoy
In line with everything we have read so far, Leo Tolstoy’s words add more power to being the change!
9. We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault, because if you wanted to change you’re the one who has got to change.― Katharine Hepburn, Me: Stories of My Life
These lines just augment the fire burning within us, but with so much more sense. It explains more explicitly the upset feeling, the reason, and the solution!
10. The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
When we say change, it should be inside out. That includes our opinions! This quote by Friedrich Nietzsche asserts that requirement beautifully.
11. It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory.― W. Edwards Deming
This motivation quote involves a bit of sarcasm; you don’t need to change if you don’t wish to survive. Then you will be merely alive, but not living.
12. One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.― Malala Yousaafzai
Also referring to the education world, this quote stirs one up to walk towards a better tomorrow.
13. Change is like that: you are no longer where you were; you are not yet where you will get; you are nowhere exactly. ― Lionel Shriver
Here’s a quote that expresses the emotions one undergoes during the process of change.
14. If we can’t alter the tide of events, at least we can be nearby with towels to mop up. ― Peter David, Q-In-Law
The more we learn to ace these words with our behavior, the smoother the process of change becomes. It’s best to accept changes with more grace than complaints.
15. Innovation is the ability to see change as an opportunity – not a threat. – Steve Jobs
Is there anyone better than Steve Jobs himself to talk us into innovation, opportunities and success?
16. The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself. – C. JoyBell C.
If you want to be the change, then this step by step guide will kickstart your motivation.
17. Let your smile change the world but never let the world change your smile. – Unknown
The strength in being the change lies in being confident for who you are, and where you want to be. So, be that person who brings smiles to others.
18. Entrepreneurship is about creating change, not just companies. – Mark Zuckerberg
If the world did not see a big change like Facebook, then would quick connectivity with friends and family be possible? That is some motivation!
19. There is no greater force for change than people inspired to live a better life. ― Steve Maraboli
The question is- do you have it within you to opt for a better life? If yes, then embrace the changes!
20. To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.― Winston Churchill
Strive for perfection by giving in to the changes that lead to a better life. If the alterations around you showcase the brighter end of the tunnel, then walk through it with courage.
21. Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.― Maya Angelou
Here is some more motivation for women around the world. Nurture yourself with changes, and find an upgraded you!
22. When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can’t make them change if they don’t want to, just like when they do want to, you can’t stop them.― Andy Warhol, Andy Warhol in His Own Words
One thing that you can draw from this be the change quote is the fact that change is more personal. You do your bit when you can, and let the others take their own pace.
23. Change, like healing, takes time.― Veronica Roth, Allegiant
Short, crisp and simple!
24. A bend in the road is not the end of the road…Unless you fail to make the turn.― Helen Keller
The bend in this context refers to a change; curve along with the road than considering it a dead end!
25. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.― Milton Berle
Motivation requires the will to be unique and powerful in your own ways; build the doors!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"