Today’s word of the day is ‘Accentuate‘. Let us understand more about this word.
Accentuate [ ak-sen-choo-eyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., describes an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
2. Focus attention on
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Dabaav ka chihn
2. Spanish – Acentuar
3. French – Accentuer
4. Mandarin – Qiángdiào
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. “His jacket, unfortunately, accentuated his paunch.”
2. The birth of the child only served to accentuate her unimportance in the house.
3. Even the gloom of the house seemed to accentuate with the years.
4. The birth of the child only served to accentuate her unimportance in the house.
5. Perhaps it was hardly wise so to accentuate the passion on paper.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
heighten, stress, emphasize, put/lay emphasis on, emphasize, spotlight, stress, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
Mask, divert attention to, etc.
If you look for things your partner does wrong, you can always find something. If you look for what he or she does right, you can always find something, too. It all depends on what you want to look for. Happy couples accentuate the positive.
— Brian Moore (@brianmoore666) November 18, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.