Today’s word of the day is ‘Accurate.’ Let us understand more about this word.
accurate [ ak-yer-it ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
3. Without error
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Theek
2. Spanish – Preciso
3. French – Précis
4. Mandarin – Zhǔnquè
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Accurate knowledge of our defects will soonest lead to their cure.
2. What the people know does not matter, were its knowledge ever so accurate.
3. The portrait of the author, engraved by Cheney, is the most accurate we have seen.
4. He had the classic style, accurate, evenly balanced, and supple.
5. These are small matters, perhaps, but your sportsman cannot be too accurate.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
correct, exact, factual, meticulous, proper, solid, concrete, methodical, punctilious, scrupulous, sharp, ultraprecise, unerring, unmistakable, veracious, perfect, absolute, errorless, faultless, flawless, infallible, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
imprecise, inaccurate, indefinite, inexact, erroneous, faulty, lax, vague, careless, improper
Lena Waithe won an Emmy for writing while starring on the Netflix show ‘Master of None,’ but it might be more accurate to call her a Master of Everything.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"