Today’s word of the day is ‘Acquaintance‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Acquaintance [uh–kweyn-tns ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is a noun. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
1. A person known informally
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Jaan pahachaan
2. Spanish – Conocido(masculine); Conocida(feminine)
3. French – Connaissance
4. Mandarin – Shúrén
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. So it seems like the answer is just to have a bunch of casual acquaintances to whom you can’t really feel anything terrible.
2. I don’t want bloodshed or violence, and it hurts me to watch acquaintances and friends being beaten, and now I hear they’re getting ready to start shooting people.
3. The slowing down of the glaciers is a private plan by a glaciologist of my acquaintance who doesn’t want to get into the geo-engineering wars.
4. A child begins to make acquaintance with the images of things when set before a mirror.
5. It was the Town Crier, with whom, as with a brother artist, he had picked acquaintance the day before.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
associate, colleague, companion, friend, neighbour, association, contact etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
antagonist, detractor, enemy, foe, opponent, stranger, ignorance, strangeness, unfamiliarity etc.
It is evident that an acquaintance with natural laws means no less than an acquaintance with the mind of God therein expressed.
James Prescott Joule