Today’s word of the day is ‘Advent.’ Let us understand more about this word.
advent [ ad-vent ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Beginning or arrival of something anticipated
How is the word ‘Advent‘ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Aagaman
2. Spanish – Adviento
3. French – Avènement
4. Mandarin – Láilín
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He had so long and so passionately looked for the advent of that moment!
2. The advent of the Russians is so recent that they need hardly be counted in this connection.
3. She was accustomed to the advent of the fishermen at this hour.
4. When a new rifle appeared in the West its advent was a matter of note.
5. The visitor’s advent was announced again by the brass knocker on the front door.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
arrival, coming, onset, appearance, approach, entrance, occurrence, visitation etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
departure, leaving, end
There have only been about a half dozen genuinely important events in the four-billion-year saga of life on Earth: single-celled life, multicelled life, differentiation into plants and animals, movement of animals from water to land, and the advent of mammals and consciousness.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!