Today’s word of the day is ‘Alteration.’ Let us understand more about this word.
alteration [ awl-tuh–rey-shuh n ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word ‘Alteration’ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Parivartan
2. Spanish – Modificación
3. French – Altération
4. Mandarin – Gǎizào
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. These are my reasons in brief, for the alteration of my style
2. I do not know what you mean, madam, by alteration in Mr Vivian!
3. What alteration has happened to give rise to this new idea of connexion?
4. Every shade of alteration in them I was familiar with, for their changes were not many.
5. I certainly was very much struck at his alteration for the worse.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
adjustment, amendment, conversion, diversification, modification, mutation, revision, transformation, variance, variation, adaptation, correction, difference, exchange, fixing, metamorphosis, reformation, shift, switch, transmutation, turn, reshaping, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
agreement, sameness, stagnation
I want garments that reflect my personality. It’s difficult to find in the childrenswear department. And often, womenswear requires far too many alterations. I want shoes that affect my maturity, professionalism, and sophistication. Instead, I’m offered sneakers with Velcro straps and light-up shoes.
id you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"