Today’s word of the day is ‘Analogy.’ Let us understand more about this word.
analogy [ uh–nal–uh-jee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Samaanata
2. Spanish – Analogía
3. French – Analogie
4. Mandarin – Bǐyù
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Analogy in modern times only points the way and is immediately verified by experiment.
2. This is all in accordance with Analogy; surely it must be clear to you.
3. One of the many meanings of Analogy is, Resemblance of Relations.
4. The analogy may be based solely on the number of attributes compared.
5. An analogy may have for its basis the quality or value of the compound attributes.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
comparison, correlation, metaphor, parallel, affinity, alikeness, correspondence, equivalence, homology, likeness, relation, resemblance, semblance, simile similitude etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
difference, dissimilarity unlikeness, disagreement
People don’t understand the analogy of football and acting, but there’s a great deal of it that’s the same. You get dressed in the room, and you think you’ve got it all prepared, and later on in the game you wish you had put on more pads ’cause they’re just kicking the hell out of you. God almighty, I’ve been beat up by the best.
Social media platforms are perfect examples of socialism. You get it for free, the quality sucks, you have no say in how it works, the guy who runs it gets rich, you have no privacy, there’s no real competition, and if you say something they don’t like they shut you up.
— Kambree (@KamVTV) August 29, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"