Today’s word of the day is ‘Annotate.’ Let us understand more about this word.
annotate [ an-uh-teyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
1. Write explanatory notes
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Bhaashya Karna
2. Spanish – Anotar
3. French – Annoter
4. Mandarin – Zhùshì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I proceeded to annotate Jill’s mischievous remarks with much severity.
2. His curiosity turning to admiration, he began to translate and annotate the most striking treatises that fell into his hands.
3. It can hardly be necessary to annotate the well-known characters of ‘the twins’ that Stanley introduces.
4. Mrs Ansell left it to her tone to annotate the announcement.
5. I read them through, turn the pages lightly, annotate them, learn them by heart.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
comment, commentate, construe, define, elucidate, explain, expound, footnote, gloss, illustrate, interpret,note, remark
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
confuse, mystify, obscure
I particularly admire are Mark Twain and Jerome K. Jerome who wrote in a certain tone of voice which was humane and understanding of humanity, but always ready to annotate its little foibles. I think I’d lay my cards down on that, and say that it’s that that I’m trying to do.
Where will all the scans go? I mean those LiDAR, photogrammetry, rich mesh ones. "We need platforms for crowd-sourced scans which provide a no-code way for groups to collect, annotate, and potentially map scans to physical locations". More: https://t.co/NE74tOPy5X
— Doug Thompson #AR (@Dusanwriter) October 3, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!