Today’s word of the day is ‘Append.’ Let us understand more about this word.
append [ uh–pend ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
3. Tag on
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Sanlagn
2. Spanish – Adjuntar
3. French – Ajouter
4. Mandarin – Fùjiā
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I append a brief report of one case which came under my own observation.
2. It is my intention also, as we go on, to append notes here and there.
3. They contain so much valuable information we are induced to append them.
4. Get it translated, and append it as a note to the next edition.
5. It has only seemed feasible to append some comparisons with Yuki and Miwok beliefs.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
affix, adjoin, annex, attach, conjoin, fasten, fix, hang, subjoin, supplement, couple, link etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
detach, disconnect, unfasten, disjoin, subtract, take away
Technological ‘revolutions’ don’t really overthrow anything – they simply append a new and dynamic market to that which went before.
It's so satisfying when something I was struggling to loop over and append to the DOM finally works! I can't wait to show off this silly project when it's done 😜 pic.twitter.com/1zLt8fAYXo
— Anastasia (@amay_zinggdev) August 30, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"