Today’s word of the day is ‘Audience.’ Let us understand more about this word.
audience [ aw-dee-uh ns ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Group observing an entertainment
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Darshak
2. Spanish – Audiencia
3. French – Public
4. Mandarin – Tīngzhòng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The subject is one which can be popularized to suit even such an audience.
2. Besides, a man must have an audience when he is an expert in swearing.
3. A look of intelligence passed between the members of his audience.
4. Strada was the only member of the company who interested the audience.
5. At any rate, we have ample evidence of the turbulence of the early Roman audience.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
congregation, crowd, gallery, gathering, market, public, admirers, assemblage, assembly, devotees, fans, following, hearers, house, listeners, moviegoers, onlookers, patrons, playgoers, spectators, turnout
viewers, witnesses etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
absence, nonattendance, silence, speechmaker, rhetorician, soliloquy
When you’re singing you can hear the echo of people in the audience singing every single word with you, and that was that big dream that I had for myself. It’s happening.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!