Today’s word of the day is ‘Betide‘. Let us understand more about this word.
Betide [ bih-tahyd ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it describes an action or occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
3. Happen to (someone)
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Pesh aana
2. Spanish – Ocurrir
3. French – Bétide
4. Mandarin – Dǔzhù
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I waited with a beating heart, not knowing what would betide.
2. Whatever might betide, she was safe and sound—a Democratic Rock of Ages.
3. He hated Miriam, and there was no getting away from her whatever might betide.
4. Betide what might, it was not for Garnache to play the eavesdropper.
5. Once over this and into the guard-house, and we can never be flanked, whatever else betide.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Minimize, antedate, predate, etc.
Woe betide the man who refuses to conform.
Those in good standing with Jack can find him disarmingly warm, but woe betide those who incur his anger, when Jack's dark eyes fall dead, and he rouses the violent tendencies that made him so formidable in the ring.
— Legends of Runeterra (@PlayRuneterra) November 16, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.