Today’s word of the day is ‘Blubber‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Blubber [ bluhb-er ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Rona
2. Spanish – Grasa de ballena
3. French – Chialer
4. Mandarin – Dàshēng kū
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Then he would burst rudely into my solitude and while I sopped cold water over his injured members, he would blubber.
2. I started to blubber, I sat there for about five minutes and wept like fuckin baby.
3. I am in process of blubber! Ask for god, please let her come back!
4. She started to blubber like a child.
5. There he sat, blubbering like a baby.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
blub, fat, flab, flitch, nettle, seethe, sob, swell, swollen, thick, wail, weep, whale, whimper, whine etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
laugh nonfat unfruitful unprofitable whisper etc.
Young adult novels don’t shy away from the discussion of weight issues, and ‘Blubber,’ the tale of an overweight, not-so-sympathetic fifth-grader bullied by her peers, is a refreshing take.