candor [ kan-der ]
The word of the day is ‘candor’.
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
No, the word is a noun. Therefore, it does not have a past form
1. Complete honesty
2. The quality of being open and honest; frankness
1. Where there is candor there are at least no disappointments.
2. I can afford to rival your own candor and confess I know a great deal about you.
3. They all were manifestly astonished at the candor of her replies.
4. Here we are, sitting by the fire in all frankness and candor.
5. She did not resent my candor; she paid absolutely no attention to it.
Some synonyms of today’s word are:
directness, fairness, frankness, honesty, outspokenness, probity, simplicity, sincerity, truthfulness, artlessness, forthrightness, glasnost, impartiality, ingenuousness, openness, straightforwardness, unequivocalness, uprightness, veracity, guilelessness, candidness, plain-spokenness, calling a spade a spade, unreservedness, bluntness,, telling it like it is etc.
deceit, dishonesty, lying, unfairness, artifice, deception, falsehood, guile, guardedness, evasiveness, insincerity
In all my public and private acts as your president, I expect to follow my instincts of openness and candor with full confidence that honesty is always the best policy in the end.Gerald R.Ford
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!