Today’s word of the day is ‘Concede‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it describes an action or occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
1. Admit or agree that something is true after first denying or resisting it
2. Surrender or yield
4. Give in
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Sveekaar karana
2. Spanish – Conceder
3. French – Concéder)
4. Mandarin – Chéngrèn
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. “One has to concede something to masculine weakness,” she sighed.
2. We are going to concede (for the present) the dim light required.
3. I will concede it, my dear Scaramouche, so that I may hear the sequel.
4. If we concede to the criminal the right to a further chance we concede it to ourselves.
5. “In doing which, I fear, you will concede all the merits,” said Mr. Smith.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Defend, deny, disallow, disapprove, dispute, fight, hold, keep, refuse, reject, repudiate, veto, win, contradict, disacknowledge, disagree, dissent, etc.
The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
He can concede or not concede. It’s irrelevant.
— Frank Figliuzzi (@FrankFigliuzzi1) November 8, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read.