Today’s word of the day is ‘Conserve.’ Let us understand more about this word.
conserve [ kuhn-surv ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Sanrakshan
2. Spanish – Conservar
3. French – Conserver
4. Mandarin – Yǎnghù
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He could preach, but could not conserve the results of his preaching.
2. In the evening you are tired and you should conserve your strength.
3. The most important principle is to conserve every particle of moisture in the soil.
4. They could conserve their energy as soon as they discovered the trap.
5. In my search for what is true, I will conserve my integrity and maintain my independence.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
hoard, maintain, preserve, safeguard, sustain, take care of, keep, nurse, scrimp, skimp, squirrel, stash, steward, support, cut back, cut down on, go easy on, sock away, squirrel away, store up, use sparingly etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
hurt, ignore, let go, neglect, release, destroy, spend, squander, use, waste
Providing financial incentives for both local communities and national governments to conserve and restore forests also makes sense. It will put an economic value on these precious natural resources and drive the right behaviours from both government and business.
id you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"