Today’s word of the day is ‘Contentious.’ Let us understand more about this word.
contentious [ kuhn-ten-shuhs ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vivaadaaspad
2. Spanish – Contencioso
3. French – Contentieux
4. Mandarin – Yǒu zhēngyì de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Let them beware of the first approach of a contentious spirit.
2. For our purposes, however, what he says about contentious learning is the most important.
3. All motive force in him is essentially brutish, covetous, or contentious.
4. When it suits their contentious mood they become strict literalists.
5. I venture to think it one of my most contentious studies from actual nature.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
antagonistic, combative, testy, argumentative, belligerent, disagreeable, factious, perverse, petulant, querulous etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
No matter if we’re in a contentious situation or simply engaging in an everyday interaction, we should aspire to have the strength to be kind always. If each of us shared this aspiration, we’d all be better off.
id you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"