Today’s word of the day is ‘Corroborate.’ Let us understand more about this word.
corroborate [ kuh–rob–uh-reyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
1. Back up information
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Pramaanit
2. Spanish – Corroborar
3. French – Corroborer
4. Mandarin – Zhèngshí
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Every one hastened to corroborate this verdict with some piece of evidence.
2. We could adduce many instances to corroborate this assertion.
3. She had absolutely nothing with which to corroborate her statement.
4. The known facts, too, all corroborate this inference: let us consider them a little.
5. And there were others, of course, to corroborate your story?
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
authenticate, confirm, validate, approve, document, endorse, prove, sustain etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
veto, contradict, deny, disagree, discredit, oppose, reject, disallow, disclaim, refute
A prisoner in the Inquisition is never allowed to see the face of his accuser, or of the witnesses against him, but every method is taken by threats and tortures, to oblige him to accuse himself, and by that means corroborate their evidence.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"