Today’s word of the day is ‘Cower‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
Yes, the past form of the word is cowered.
1. To crouch, as in fear or shame
2. Hover in fear
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Kampakampee
2. Spanish – Acobardarse
3. French – Se recroqueviller
4. Mandarin – Tuìsuō
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I have seen the stoutest captains of Ashur cower beneath that deadly hail!
2. Nowise inbred in me is it to fight a runaway battle, neither to cower in fear.
3. Wave after wave of them come across in their field grey-blue uniforms and they never cower.
4. And he would cower in the background blushing his absurd little blushes at his second-hand temerity.
5. So the lower part of his moral being began to cower; he glanced furtively at the company.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
face, meet, come out etc.
Growing inequality is exacerbated by the companies who simply treat workers as commodities, and our governments are cowered by their demands to perpetuate this model of greed.
Ryoma seems to respect Shuichi's response here, he seems to like when Shuichi does push for an answer. I think the trick is that Shuichi isnt too pushy but doesnt cower away. pic.twitter.com/oGbtRCVwEv
— Gundham's Cat 🐈 (@CatzRule110) March 27, 2021