Today’s word of the day is ‘Devolve‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it describes an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
1. Transfer or delegate (power) to a lower level, especially from central government to local or regional administration
4. Pass into (a different state, especially a worse one); degenerate
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Utarana
2. Spanish – Delegar
3. French – Déléguer
4. Mandarin – Xiàfàng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Your lands, your principalities, to devolve on the child of a humble Englishman!
2. Please bear in mind that it does not devolve upon you to decide that question.
3. There is a duty incumbent on us which we cannot devolve on others.
4. Leisure for the grand duties which devolve on the lords of mankind.
5. His duties devolved on a comrade.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Ascend, go up, improve, increase, rise, centralize, retain, etc.
Before there were any sort of ‘recordings’ there was performance. If we are devolved back to the Stone Age tomorrow, there will be performance.
— Psychology Today (@PsychToday) October 31, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read.