Today’s word of the day is ‘Diversity.’ Let us understand more about this word.
diversity [ dih-vur-si-tee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vividhata
2. Spanish – Diversidad
3. French – La diversité
4. Mandarin – Duōyàng xìng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. There was, he contended, some diversity in card-playing.
2. In such a diversity it was impossible I should be disposed to melancholy.
3. Diversity is the law of life, as equality is that of death.
4. The ensuing survey does not pretend to cover the field in all its diversity.
5. Middle age is the period of most diversity.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
assortment, dissimilarity, distinction, divergence, multifariousness, range, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
agreement, sameness, identical, similarity
We need to reject any politics that targets people because of race or religion. This isn’t a matter of political correctness. It’s a matter of understanding what makes us strong. The world respects us not just for our arsenal; it respects us for our diversity and our openness and the way we respect every faith.
— ORINAH_LvG (@augustine_orina) September 6, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!