Today’s word of the day is ‘Domain.’ Let us understand more about this word.
domain [ doh-meyn ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Area of expertise
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Jaagir
2. Spanish – Dominio
3. French – Domaine
4. Mandarin – Yù
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. His eyes glowed steadily as he contemplated this interloper in his domain.
2. They gave him the dukedom and domain of Bronte, worth about L3000 a year.
3. That part of eternity dividing the domain of disappointment from the realm of hope.
4. The legislation of details in this domain becomes of necessity an injustice.
5. We cannot sell our domain, nor give it away, and we cannot even hire someone to cultivate it for us.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
realm, sphere, territory, authority, bailiwick, concern, demesne, department, discipline, district, dominion, empire, estate, field, jurisdiction, land, occupation, orbit, power, province, quarter, region, scope, slot, terrain, turf, walk, wing etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
sky, surrender, yielding
Occurrences in this domain are beyond the reach of exact prediction because of the variety of factors in operation, not because of any lack of order in nature.
An alpaca-derived single domain antibody fragment that neutralizes the receptor binding domain of the SARS-CoV-2 spike may have the potential to be developed as an antiviral treatment against #COVID19, according to a study published in @NatureComms. https://t.co/9AeI5IaCFe pic.twitter.com/BqRyFOz4yc
— Nature Research (@nresearchnews) September 16, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!