Today’s word of the day is ‘Embonpoint.’ Let us understand more about this word.
embonpoint [ ahn-bawn–pwan ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Adhik vajan
2. Spanish – Exceso de peso
3. French – Embonpoint
4. Mandarin – Chāozhòng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The Russians had a great taste for her, owing to her embonpoint.
2. She was tall and majestic, and she had all the charms of embonpoint.
3. He indicated his embonpoint again and shook his head wrathfully.
4. He was tall, slightly inclined to embonpoint, and stooped a little.
5. If she is embonpoint, let her be called flabby, if she is swarthy, black.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
burly, fleshy, obese, portly, beefy, blimp, bulky, fat, gross, heavy, hefty, husky, large, lusty, overblown, overweight, plump, roly-poly, rotund, stout, tubby, weighty, well-padded etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
skinny, thin, underweight, slender, slight
Talking of pleasure, this moment I was writing with one hand, and with the other holding to my Mouth a Nectarine-how good how fine. It went down all pulpy, slushy, oozy, all its delicious embonpoint melted doen my throat like a large, beatified Strawberry.
queenly shoulders and heaving embonpoint. An imperceptible smile played
round her perfect lips as she turned to him calmly.
Mr Bloom read again: The beautiful woman.
— Ulysses Reader (@UlyssesReader) September 10, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!