Today’s word of the day is ‘Endow.’ Let us understand more about this word.
endow [ en-dou ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
1. Give a large gift
How is the word ‘Endow‘ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Pradaan karana
2. Spanish – Dotar
3. French – Doter
4. Mandarin – Fùyǔ
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Youth is prone to endow its opinions with all the dignity of certain knowledge.
2. What was lacking in his power that he could not endow them with life?
3. Small beginnings of the fortune that was to found and endow asylums!
4. What he did was to endow the church with this admirable piece of head-gear.
5. But He will endow her with all His wealth, and raise her to sit with Him on a throne forever.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
bestow, donate, empower, enable, enhance, enrich, subsidize, accord, award, back, bequeath, confer, contribute, endue, establish, favor, finance, fund, furnish, grant, heighten, invest, leave, organize, promote, provide, sponsor, subscribe, supply, support, will, come through with, lay on, makeover, settle on. vest in etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
decrease, reduce, refuse, take, condemn, deny, destroy, disagree, disapprove, discourage, dishonor, hurt, keep, neglect, oppose, take away, withhold, receive
I approach writing female characters the same why I approach writing male characters. I never think I’m writing about women, I think I’m writing about one woman, one person. And I try to imagine what she is like, and endow her with a lot of my own thoughts and history.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!