Today’s word of the day is ‘Enigmatic.’ Let us understand more about this word.
enigmatic [ en-ig-mat-ik ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Rahasyapoorn
2. Spanish – Enigmático
3. French – Énigmatique
4. Mandarin – Shénmì de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. There was an enigmatic smile bending the scarlet lips as she answered.
2. All trace of stress and strain had left it, replaced by an enigmatic calm.
3. There was the enigmatic dimness, though not dense darkness, of the night.
4. There was an enigmatic smile on his lips whilst he awaited Juve’s reply.
5. It rendered him timorous for a moment before that enigmatic door.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
ambiguous, obscure, dark, equivocal, incomprehensible, indecipherable, inexplicable, inscrutable, oracular, perplexing, puzzling, recondite, secret, stickling, stumping, uncertain, unfathomable, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
clear, explicit, obvious, known, plain
I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.
id you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"