Today’s word of the day is ‘Ensemble.’ Let us understand more about this word.
ensemble [ ahn-sahm-buhl ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Poshaak
2. Spanish – Conjunto
3. French – Ensemble
4. Mandarin – Hézòu
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Only, there was an over-elaboration, so that the ensemble was flamboyant.
2. The ensemble, from this point, is one of a certain impressiveness.
3. That the ensemble was businesslike and solid even my untrained eye could see.
4. He did not care in the least whom he talked to; it was the ensemble that interested him.
5. Our personality is an ensemble of our ancestral characteristics.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
assemblage, outfit, quartet, quintet, costume, suit, garb, dress, clothing, collection, apparel, attire, uniform, gear, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
undress, uncover, dress down, disarray, nakedness, bare, disrobe.
Forget the image, forget the ensemble, forget the rumours, forget the short skirts, the big hair, whatever! I owe this to the fans and I will never forget you so I want to accept this award on behalf of all of you.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"