Guess what? We’re now on Telegram! Join our channel today to receive the “Word of the Day” directly on Telegram. Click here to join.
Today’s word of the day is ‘Exaggerate‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Exaggerate [ ig-zaj–uh-reyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Atiranjana karana
2. Spanish – Exagerar
3. French – Exagérer
4. Mandarin – Kuādà
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. It is almost impossible to describe them without appearing to exaggerate
2. The Félibres put forth great claims for the richness of their vocabulary, and they undoubtedly exaggerate.
3. Street artists often take news stories, rumors, and public information and reflect and exaggerate them.
4. Consequently there is so universal misery that no words could exaggerate it to your Majesty
5. Those shoes exaggerate the size of my feet.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
amplify, fabricate, falsify, heighten, inflate, magnify, misrepresent, overdo, overdraw, overemphasize, overestimate, boast, boast, brag, caricature, color, enlarge, exalt, expand, misquote, pad, puff, pyramid, romance, romanticize, scam, stretch, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
compress, contract, decrease, ignore, lessen, abridge, deprecate, lower, reduce, shrink, depreciate, minimize, understate, etc
Moliere exaggerates common vices of mankind: lust, greed, misanthropy, hypocrisy. We all have a touch of these..
Guys we are going so slow in Youtube. We need more than 10M a day so that we can break the record of the fastest to 300 million views in 13 days. Don't be complacent but also don't exaggerate yourself, but instead let's work together. Stream with proper guidelines
— sam (@maknaejjkz) May 29, 2021