Today’s word of the day is ‘Exterminate.’ Let us understand more about this word.
exterminate [ ik-stur-muh-neyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
2. To expel
3. Destroy completely
How is the word ‘Exterminate’ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vinaash
2. Spanish – Exterminar
3. French – Exterminer
4. Mandarin – Tiǎn
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The best of this war is, it enables me to exterminate so many bad artists.
2. It was then determined to exterminate the pirates at any cost.
3. They were coming with many more boats to exterminate every living thing.
4. Shepherds have entered into a conspiracy to exterminate the wolves.
5. But we must crush your armies, and exterminate your Government.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
annihilate, decimate, eradicate, extinguish, obliterate, slaughter, stamp out, wipeout, abolish, destroy, eliminate, erase, execute, extirpate, massacre, blot out, do away with, finish off, put an end to, rub out etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
bear, build, create, help, ratify
In the 20th century, in the darkest period of German and European history, an insane racist ideology, born of neopaganism, gave rise to the attempt, planned and systematically carried out by the regime, to exterminate European Jews. The result has passed into history as the Shoah.
Pope Benedict XVI
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"