Today’s word of the day is ‘Flank.‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
1. Haunch of an animate being
2. The side of an animal or a person between the ribs and hip
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Paarshva Bhaag
2. Spanish – Flanco
3. French – Flanc
4. Mandarin – Cèyì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The left flank is now extremely strong.
2. Wayne’s dragoons broke through the brushwood, attacked the left flank of the Indians and soon put them to flight.
3. Rostov patted the horse’s neck and then his flank, and lingered for a moment.
4. To tell you the truth, between ourselves, God only knows what state our left flank is in,” said Boris confidentially lowering his voice.
5. At the same time he heard that Pahlen’s Cossacks had been withdrawn forty-eight hours previously, thus completely exposing his flank.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
ham, hand, hip, loin, quarter, side, thigh, wing, pleuron etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
midway, inside, interior, middle, center. etc.
I make a bomb vaca frita. It’s like a flank steak like with the ropa vieja, but it’s fried with garlic and lime. And I make a really good picadillo.
Another example of movement depiction. Marching Chandela army. Elephants an important part of ChaturBal Sena (Arthshastra). An elephant calf has newly joined maybe for training, 2nd Ele is not so comfortable. Result is unease in flank. Look at mahuat & last Ele dynamic posture. pic.twitter.com/MyUOxASMlK
— Parveen Kaswan, IFS (@ParveenKaswan) January 6, 2021
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.