Today’s word of the day is ‘Flounce‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it describes an action or an occurrence.
1. Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner
3. Move intermittently
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Phadaphadaana
2. Spanish – Salir enfadado
3. French – Volant
4. Mandarin – Měng chōng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. How delightfully they impart to each other the pattern of a cap or flounce, or frill!
2. A lady had the flounce of her dress torn off; a man lost his hat.
3. Their skirts, homespun, were made with what we used to call a Spanish flounce.
4. “She had finished her flounce, and she rose and gave Anne the needle.
5. “He stood up in a fury and flounced out.”
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Slink, sprint, run, etc.
I don’t think many people would think I’m a designer. I behave in a different way. I’d get knocked down and cut to pieces if I went home and flounced about; this industry is known for the flounciness, but I’ve got my feet on the ground.
Final results state yas want me to flounce. Thanks for voting, folks. At the very least, I will roller skate around the campus when all my assessments are in https://t.co/e6XznO8XFq
— Celeste Liddle (@Utopiana) October 23, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read.