Today’s word of the day is ‘Fluctuate.’ Let us understand more about this word.
fluctuate [ fluhk-choo-eyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
3. Rise and Fall
4. Be undecided
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Utaar chadhaav
2. Spanish – Fluctuar
3. French – Fluctuer
4. Mandarin – Bōdòng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I cannot fluctuate now, forgive me and I am in your arms!
2. They pre-suppose that, for all practical purposes, its quantity cannot vary, or fluctuate.
3. They are such as are not likely to fluctuate greatly in amount.
4. I do not think they will; they may, however, fluctuate a little.
5. The face of the ground seems to fluctuate and toss like billows of the sea.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
oscillate, seesaw, vary, veer, waver, alter, alternate, flutter, hesitate, shift, swing, undulate, vibrate, wave etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
remain, stay, continue, hold, persist
When your maturity is derived from circumstantial factors other than faith, your level of maturity would continue to fluctuate rather than being stable. This is why I am enabled to maintain a balance and stable approach to the challenges that come my way every day. I am not moved by what people say or do concerning my relationship with God.
T. B. Joshua
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"