Today’s word of the day is ‘Fundamental.’ Let us understand more about this word.
fundamental [ fuhn-duh–men-tl ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Maulik
2. Spanish – Fundamental
3. French – Fondamental
4. Mandarin – Jīběn de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. For once, he was revealing that fundamental egotism which is the characteristic of all his kind.
2. A submission to the will of the majority is a fundamental principle of our institutions.
3. The nervous system is the fundamental fact of our earthly life.
4. This is the fundamental thing to be remembered when considering the art of poetry as such.
5. The differences between woman and man are deep and fundamental.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
constitutional, crucial, elemental, elementary, essential, indispensable, integral, intrinsic, major, necessary, paramount, principal, radical, significant, structural, theoretical, underlying, vital, bottom, cardinal, first, key, organic, original, primary, prime, primitive, requisite, supporting, axiological, axiomatic, basal, constitutive, foundational, primordial, rudimentary etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
auxiliary, extrinsic, inessential, insignificant, learned, least, lesser, minor, needless, nonessential, secondary, trivial, unimportant, unnecessary, additional, advanced, extra,
The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Hence we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"