Today’s word of the day is ‘Gingerly.‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Ehtiyaati
2. Spanish – Cautelosamente
3. French – Avec précaution
4. Mandarin – Shēngjiāng de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The mate stepped over to the bunk and gingerly ran his hand over the girl’s head.
2. Hewitt did not reply, but gingerly lifted the right arm by its sleeve.
3. The political and cultural climate was shifting, but gingerly.
4. He took it up, carrying it gingerly, as if it stung, and dropped it on the fire.
5. Gingerly, he took the revolver and slipped it under the clips.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
calculating, cautious, chary, circumspect, considerate, dainty, delicate, discreet, fastidious, guarded, hesitant, reluctant, safe, squeamish, suspicious, timid, wary etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
careless, rash, rough, uncareful, uncautious etc.
It’s not easy casting the men. You have to go gingerly, but you have to approach the right man at the right time because men don’t want to play second fiddle to a woman. That’s the truth.
— Roisin Meaney 😎😎 (@roisinmeaney) January 4, 2021
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.