Today’s word of the day is ‘Grit‘. Let us understand more about this word.
Grit [ grit ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the subject of the sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
2. Courage and resolve
3. Strength of character
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Dhairy
2. Spanish – Arena
3. French – Grincer
4. Mandarin – Shālì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I’ve known a few men who could match Maude’s grit.
2. They, perhaps, admired his grit, his optimism; admired while they pitied.
3. Peel the mushrooms; rinse them to remove any grit, and cut off the ends of the stalks.
4. Says it’s nothin’ but just grit and hang-on that keeps him alive.
5. For thrift, grit, and perseverance, are a few of the rough grains in his character.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
Cowardice, timidity, weakness, etc.
Being gritty doesn’t mean not showing pain or pretending everything is O.K. In fact, when you look at healthy and successful and giving people, they are extraordinarily meta-cognitive. They’re able to say things like, ‘Dude, I totally lost my temper this morning.’ That ability to reflect on yourself is signature to grit.
— Tennessee Basketball (@Vol_Hoops) November 14, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.