Today’s word of the day is ‘Heaven.’ Let us understand more about this word.
heaven [ hev–uh n ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Place where God lives
2. Promised Land
3. Pearly gates
4. Eternal home
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Svarg
2. Spanish – Cielo
3. French – Paradis
4. Mandarin – Tiāntáng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The earth was like a slumbering babe, smiling in its sleep, because it dreams of Heaven.
2. But how wonderful and quick my touch has got, and how kind is heaven there, sir!
3. Must all novels end with an earthly marriage, and nothing be left for heaven?
4. Heaven forbid that their conduct, in one particular, should savour of injustice.
5. It will need the air of heaven to revive its pristine energies.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
immortality, nirvana, paradise, after world, atmosphere, azure, bliss, dreamland, ecstasy, empyrean, enchantment, eternity, fairyland, felicity, firmament, glory, happiness, harmony, heights, hereafter, kingdom, rapture, sky, transport, utopia, wonderland, beyond etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
dislike, hell, misery, sorrow, unhappiness
My belief as a Christian is when we receive Christ as salvation, that that gives us a guarantee for Heaven.
— carl banyak tugas (@mingimabae) September 5, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"