Today’s word of the day is ‘Horrendous‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Horrendous [ haw-ren-duhs ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Kharaab
2. Spanish – Horrendo(masculine); Horrenda(feminine)
3. French – Horrible
4. Mandarin – Kěpà de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Testing has symbolized the United States’ horrendous response to the pandemic.
2. The horrendous act of Jacob Miller, therefore, created a sensation.
3. Slowly, irresistibly, the horrendous figure stalked forth into the dim light.
4. It takes time for bacteria to multiply and release that horrendous sweat smell.
5. I jammed it on my head and then grabbed my throat and made horrendous retching noises.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
abhorrent, appalling, atrocious, awesome, awful, dire, disastrous, dreadful, extreme, frightful, ghastly, gruesome, harrowing, hideous, horrible, horrid, beastly, dangerous, desperate, disturbing, dread, dreaded, fearful, hateful, horrifying, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
beautiful, delightful, fortunate, good, inoffensive, lucky, nice, pleasant, pleasing, wonderful, etc.
Like the assassination of JFK, everybody alive then can remember where they were that Doomsday Week of the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962. That Saturday, 27 October, was, and remains, the closest the world has come to nuclear holocaust – the blackest day of a horrendous week.
That a foreign embassy in India has to seek oxygen cylinders on Twitter, tagging an opposition politician who seems to predictably help, our MEA taking exception, and then the embassy apologizing for their request… what kind of a horrendous version of India are we living in! 🙁 pic.twitter.com/Fl0FaAoYBE
— Karthik (@beastoftraal) May 2, 2021