Today’s word of the day is ‘Hostile‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Hostile [ hos-tl ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Shatrutaapoorn
2. Spanish – Hostil
3. French – Hostile
4. Mandarin – Díduì de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He created a hostile work environment, but he did not fire you.
2. Each sister made her way through a hostile medical terrain with crucial support from family members and both male and female supporters.
3. He’s also one of the few scientists who can speak credibly to people of faith, who in some circles have come to regard science as hostile to their beliefs.
4. In Glover’s direction, Kyle went to an area where the crowd at first did not seem overly hostile.
5. Scheidler’s detractors, including some within the antiabortion movement, said he stretched the boundaries of free expression and created hostile environments.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
adverse, belligerent, bitter, contentious, hateful, inhospitable, inimical, nasty, opposed, unfavorable, unfriendly, unsympathetic, argumentative, bellicose, disapproving, malevolent, malicious, oppugnant, pugnacious, rancorous, scrappy, spiteful, surly, unkind, unpropitious, unsociable, unwelcoming, viperous, virulent, vitriolic,, warlike, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
agreeable, aiding, favorable, friendly, good, helpful, helping, hospitable, kind, nice, pleasant, wonderful, hot, sympathetic, warm, gentle, welcoming, etc.
The secret of happiness is this: let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.
Isamu is the laid-back type who prefers to take life as it comes, and is a jokester by nature.
But after suffering at the hands of hostile demons, he arrives at the conclusion that no one can help or save him, and awakens a Reason of total isolation. pic.twitter.com/S0XTlFfklU
— Official ATLUS West (@Atlus_West) May 3, 2021