Today’s word of the day is ‘Impish.‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Impish [ im-pish ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
2. Free and easy
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Sharaaratee
2. Spanish – Travieso(Masculine) ; Traviesa (Feminine)
3. French – Espiègle
4. Mandarin – Ànhēi de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. On the outskirts of the crowd, where they could not be seen, impish juniors doubled themselves up with laughter.
2. They could not reconcile it with the impish tricks she had played.
3. The impish grin of the latent savage broke through the habitual austerity of Victor’s countenance.
4. The creature in the chair checked his furious wheels and looked back over his shoulder with an impish curiosity horrible to see.
5. Sure enough, the procession was moving slowly, still with the steps of that impish dance across the courtyard stones.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
devilish, jaunty, naughty, playful, casual, elvish, fiendish, flippant, fresh, frolicsome, giddy, offhand, pert, pixieish, prankish, puckish, rascally, saucy, sportive, waggish etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
good, moral, behaved, subdued, unmischievous etc.
The attributes we’re focused on for Mickey are exactly the ones Walt had in mind in the first place. The original Mickey was impish and irreverent. Walt sanitized him because when Mickey got so popular, there was a fear that his behavior was influencing kids.
Playing around with a new figure idea which can be viewed as male or female. It feels rather lumpy at present so I intend to soften the lines to see where this piece goes. It has an ‘impish’ quality which I find quirky and also interesting.#sculpture #galleryart pic.twitter.com/EwzKyQwQAV
— @BicknellSculpture (@BicknellSculpt1) January 9, 2021
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.