Today’s word of the day is ‘Incandescent’ Let us understand more about this word.
incandescent [ in-kuhn-des–uhnt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
How is the word ‘wan’ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Garamaagaram
2. Spanish – Incandescente
3. French – Incandescent
4. Mandarin – Báichì dēng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. I was then taken to visit his incandescent ovens and his vats in a state of ebullition.
2. Their boat seemed to be sailing on the bosom of an incandescent stream.
3. When anything becomes hot enough to glow, we say it is incandescent.
4. Then heat the top of the bubble till it is incandescent and blow violently.
5. The globe was cracked, and the incandescent burner was broken.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
luminous, radiant, shining, beaming, brilliant, effulgent, fulgent, intense, lambent, lucent, phosphorescent, red-hot, refulgent, white-hot etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
dark, dim, dull, gloomy
Modern science says: ‘The sun is the past, the earth is the present, the moon is the future.’ From an incandescent mass we have originated, and into a frozen mass we shall turn. Merciless is the law of nature, and rapidly and irresistibly we are drawn to our doom.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!