Today’s word of the day is ‘Jackpot.’ Let us understand more about this word.
jackpot [ jak-pot ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
2. Any outstanding award
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Inaam
2. Spanish – Bote
3. French – Cagnotte
4. Mandarin – Tóu jiǎng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. When poker was played, beans were put in the jackpot instead of money.
2. He had a dream that he won the jackpot.
3. So the jackpot must be somewhere close.
4. And whoever hits the jackpot should tell Konstantin later.
5. This would be the jackpot if they found this.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
prize, find, kitty, pool, pot, reward, stakes, winnings etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
I’m fully confident that I will win the jackpot – so much so that I’ve already made a list of all the charities I will contribute to.
— News 4 San Antonio (@News4SA) September 8, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"