Today’s word of the day is ‘Keen.’ Let us understand more about this word.
keen [ keen ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Ichchhuk
2. Spanish – Afilado
3. French – Enthousiaste
4. Mandarin – Mǐnruì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The girl had been listening with keen interest, glancing from one to the other.
2. It will blunt the keen edge of sorrow, and smooth the asperities of adversity.
3. His keen eyes had perceived Mary Turner’s graces of form, her loveliness of face
4. She had meant to wait; but, with his keen eyes on her, she could not dissemble.
5. This proposition is one of keen interest in connection with aviation.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
anxious, ardent, avid, eager, fervent, fierce, impatient, intense, alert, animate, animated, devoted, earnest, intent, interested, spirited, warm, agog, appetent, athirst, breathless, dying to, ebullient, fervid, fond of, gung ho, impassioned, lively, perfervid, sprightly, thirsty, vehement, vivacious, zealous etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
apathetic, calm, cool, dispassionate, indifferent, peaceful, unconcerned, unenthusiastic, lethargic, blunt, dull, idiotic, ignorant, obtuse, pointless, reluctant, stupid, uninterested
I am not too keen on my nose, I don’t like my knees, I hate my ankles, I am unsure about my behind, I don’t like my legs at all. I am not too sure about my chin, my forehead is a bit dodgy. But, overall, I can live with it.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"