Today’s word of the day is ‘Modification.’ Let us understand more about this word.
modification [ mod-uh-fi-key-shuh n ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Parivartan
2. Spanish – Modificación
3. French – Modification
4. Mandarin – Xiūgǎi
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Such a modification must necessarily have taken place to some extent.
2. It is the best way yet, though with a modification it would be better!
3. Two circumstances were responsible for the modification of this procedure.
4. As you say, however, it is not a change but only a modification, since the root idea is the same in each.
5. I reserve those future modification strategies for my birthday.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
adjustment, alteration, conversion, adaptation, refitting, variation, amendment, shift etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
conservation, broaden, remain, sameness, congruity, standardize
Genetic modification has many different areas, for example in medicine, and Britain is at the leading edge of this new technology. I don’t know, but people tell me, it could indeed by the leading science of the 21st century. All I say to people is: ‘Just keep an open mind and let us proceed according to genuine scientific evidence.’
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"