Today’s word of the day is ‘Nightmare‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Nightmare [ nahyt-mair ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Bura sapana
2. Spanish – Pesadilla
3. French – Cauchemar
4. Mandarin – È mèng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Baking can be a production nightmare if the models have already been baked in with lighting.
2. As men fixed in the grip of nightmare, we were powerless—unable to do anything but wait
3. And the nightmare clutch laid hold upon his heart with giant pincers.
4. But a horrible thing that had happened to him, had awakened in him a lonely nightmare of restlessness.
5. This is a nightmare for the thief because they have to decide how much time and risk they want to devote to the job.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
dream, fantasy, hallucination, horror, ordeal, vision, fancy, illusion, incubus, phantasm, succubus, torment, trial, tribulation, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
actuality, fact, pleasure, reality, truth, certainty, happiness, peace, daymare, etc
A person can only be born in one place. However, he may die several times elsewhere: in the exiles and prisons, and in a homeland transformed by the occupation and oppression into a nightmare.
Here is a book that changed my life.
Made me realized that Engineering is not for me 🤷🏻♂️.
I still have nightmares 20 yrs after.
What book changed yours? pic.twitter.com/9y9lqBgfwF
— Reza Razali (@rezarazali) June 2, 2021