Today’s word of the day is ‘Novice.’ Let us understand more about this word.
novice [ nov-is ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. A person just learning something
2. Someone new to a field
How is the word ‘Novice‘ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Nausikhie
2. Spanish – Novato
3. French – Novice
4. Mandarin – Xīnshǒu
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The novice should not attempt a glide unless the conditions are just right.
2. I was a novice at honest work, and any special exertion was not then to my taste.
3. I had been transformed from timorous novice to impassioned biker.
4. But for a long time, he behaved not like a prince but like a novice.
5. An experienced employee will outperform the novice.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
beginner, learner, neophyte, newcomer, pupil, trainee, amateur, apprentice, colt, convert, cub, fledgeling, greenhorn, gremlin, mark, novitiate, plebe, postulant, prentice, probationer, proselyte, punk, recruit, rookie, starter, student, tenderfoot etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
expert, professional, teacher, pro, maestro, influencer, adept, veteran, maven, coach, master, wizard
Many novice real estate investors soon quit the profession and invest in a well-diversified portfolio of bonds. That’s because, when you invest in real estate, you often see a side of humanity that stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and saving money shelter you from.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!