Today’s word of the day is ‘Novice.’ Let us understand more about this word.
novice [ nov-is ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. A person just learning something
2. Someone new to a field
How is the word ‘Novice‘ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Nausikhie
2. Spanish – Novato
3. French – Novice
4. Mandarin – Xīnshǒu
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The novice should not attempt a glide unless the conditions are just right.
2. I was a novice at honest work, and any special exertion was not then to my taste.
3. I had been transformed from timorous novice to impassioned biker.
4. But for a long time, he behaved not like a prince but like a novice.
5. An experienced employee will outperform the novice.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
beginner, learner, neophyte, newcomer, pupil, trainee, amateur, apprentice, colt, convert, cub, fledgeling, greenhorn, gremlin, mark, novitiate, plebe, postulant, prentice, probationer, proselyte, punk, recruit, rookie, starter, student, tenderfoot etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
expert, professional, teacher, pro, maestro, influencer, adept, veteran, maven, coach, master, wizard
Many novice real estate investors soon quit the profession and invest in a well-diversified portfolio of bonds. That’s because, when you invest in real estate, you often see a side of humanity that stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and saving money shelter you from.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"