Today’s word of the day is ‘Persevere‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
2. Work hard
3. Hang though
4. Stand firm
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Drdh rahen
2. Spanish – Perseverar
3. French – Persévérer
4. Mandarin – Jiānchí bùxiè
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He was my director; I nursed him in his last illness, and he showed me the way to heaven, bidding me persevere in my duty.
2. All that is necessary is to persevere faithfully in the ordinary duties of life, and to perform them to the best of our ability.
3. She will persevere in this course till it secures her a comprehensive school system and an admirable university.
4. There have been many struggles, trials, battles, and losses through which my name has helped me persevere.
5. I wrote about the motivations of businessmen, and their determination to persevere.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
endure, keep going, persist, proceed, pursue, continue, maintain, remain, be determined, be resolved, be stubborn, carry on, keep driving etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
cease, discontinue, give up, stop, be lazy, idle, leave, quit etc.
Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.