Today’s word of the day is ‘Purveyor.’ Let us understand more about this word.
purveyor [ per-vey-er ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of the noun.
3. A person who sells particular goods
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vikreta
2. Spanish – Vendedora (Masculine) and Vendedor (feminine)
3. French – Vendeuse (Masculine) and Vendeur (feminine)
4. Mandarin – Táoyì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. After that he was purveyor for the Fleet, and was made a knight.
2. Miss Nightingale showed the Purveyor a letter from the Minister.
3. He will wait, and meanwhile, do his best to waken his purveyor.
4. This is now performed, or rather not performed by the Purveyor.
5. To some extent, Biggs was a maker or, at least, a purveyor of wigs.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
Administrator, agent, attendant, curator, waiter, bailiff, chamberlain, director, foreman, manager, officer, major-demo, reeve, guardian, proctor, dapifer, manciple, magistrate, trader, retailer, provider, stockist, tout, trafficker, pedlar, hawker, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Since the word is a noun, and it means a seller, there is no opposite or antonym for this word.
I believe that those of us who are the producers and purveyors of television, I believe that we are the servants of this nation.
This is categorically *not* my field of expertise – and I'm almost certainly behind the times – but what an amazing coincidence that one purveyor of antivirus software has 'discovered' that googling the name of another purveyor of antivirus software is a 'massive security risk'.
— James O'Brien (@mrjamesob) October 6, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read.