Today’s word of the day is ‘Quirky‘. Let us understand more about this word.
Quirky [ kwur-kee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it describes the noun in the sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Vichitr
2. Spanish – Peculiar
3. French – Bizarre
4. Mandarin – Gǔguài de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Without a word Bud took him, but the quirky smile hid at the corners of his mouth, and under Cash’s beard still lurked the grin.
2. Miss Hampton comes back at him with that quirky smile of hers.
3. She snagged a piano and pounded out barrelhouse runs in quirky time as I carried the main thread of the movement on a cello.
4. Her sense of humor was decidedly quirky
5. Your building is located in quite a quirky area.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Common, familiar, normal, regular, standard, usual, conventional, etc.
I’d much rather see a world where, when you make some quirky comment on a blog or news story or you upload a video clip, instead of just a moment of fame for your pseudonym, you’ll get 50 bucks. The first time that happens, you’ll realise that you’re a full-class citizen. You have the potential to make money from the system.
This just doesn't seem real….a week ago today, my gorgeous wee Donald closed his eyes for the last time… he was my joy and I loved him unconditionally 💔 I miss his company, his affection, and his quirky wee personality. He will live on in my broken heart forever 💔♥️♥️♥️
— Carol Kirkwood (@carolkirkwood) November 10, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.