One can agree to the fact that quotes are very useful to make our language sound and read more effective and impactful. Not to forget, it makes the opposite person think of you as a wise person well. While some may only use quotes to caption an image once in a bit on social media, quotations hold way more weight than that. Daily conversations with colleagues and seniors, writing an end moment SOP or if you are just a student in a school or university, you should always carry a stock of daily quotes that come in handy at all times!
Let us help you with some!
1. The world is full of educated derelictsCalvin Coolidge
So you are sitting amidst some important people conversing about just how some educated individuals behave; it is your turn to sound intelligent, and you are wondering what to say- USE this quote! It explains how people act negligently in spite of being a literate!
2. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite directionE. F. Schumacher
Here’s another daily quote that could make life easier when you want to convince someone at work to accomplish a task. You could be at a senior position, and want to get things done in an amicable manner. Use this one subtly, and see how you charm someone into undertaking that work.
3. “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.”Chinese Proverb
Did your friends just laugh at you for asking your professor a question? Go for it; say this out loud to sound much cooler than you already are.
4. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”Confucius
Here is a quote that works like magic when you have to give your team a little prep talk about finding a way to beat competitors. Make sure to place it at the right moment which is sure to reflect some agreeable nods in the room.
5. “What does not kill me makes me stronger.”Friedrich Nietzsche
Yes, this one is cliche, but it is indeed the most important one to remember and quote in this difficult world. We are surrounded by people who need to hear this time and again. Even if they have heard it before, they will appreciate you jogging their memory.
6. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”Albert Einstein
We sincerely believe that this daily quote is for most of the teachers out there who have to convince several parents to let their children live their dreams. It will allow parents to realize that even Einstein believed in imagination, and so their child deserves a shot at their creative power too.
7. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”Winston Churchill
Who better than Winston Churchill to quote in matters of success? Don’t just use, but overuse this quote to everyone who sees themselves as a failure. You could be responsible for spreading joy in someone’s life that day!
8. “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.”Charles Darwin
We have heard ‘Change is the only constant’ before, haven’t we? Maybe it is time to use another version of revealing to people, that change is inevitable and we have to be most elastic to it.
9. “The real measure of our wealth is how much we’d be worth if we lost all our money.”J. H. Jowett
We all talk about that one common acquaintance who flaunts his pay package and latest investments. Look what J.H. Jowett said that is worth more than million!
10. The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without workEmile Zola
Have you heard of a better quote that can inspire the youth of today? Use it everywhere, in speeches, in offices, in an essay, or in an article. This one line daily quote will convey the importance of hard-work, recognizing talent and appreciating our gifts all at once.
Vocabulary Today wants to make sure that you sound the smartest when around people, and sometimes saying just one right thing seals the deal. It could either make you someone’s idol, make someone adore you, announce that you are someone who people should take seriously and establish that you know how to hit a masterstroke while expressing just about anything!
We hope you pick these simple lines up and start using them with people around you!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"