Today’s word of the day is ‘Rattle‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Rattle [ rat-l ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Jaldi jaldi kehna
2. Spanish – Traqueteo
3. French – Hochet
4. Mandarin – Bōlanggǔ
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. They’ll rattle off their top five goals of the quarter or their individual aspirations, she says.
2. He will rattle on in Spanish till Herr S. gets desperate, and tries to reduce him to order.
3. It is no use teaching the pupils to rattle off the ancient poems which they do not understand at all.
4. Her daughter can rattle off any waltz by Strauss.
5. She can rattle off the names of all the presidents of the US.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
babble, cackle, chat, chatter, clack, gab, gabble, gush, jabber, jaw, list, prate, prattle, yak, etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
be quiet, appease, placate, soothe, etc
I was a sandwich artist at Subway and can still rattle off the order of toppings. I was fired because I got meatball sauce on the ivory cutting boards.
— Chaos Muse (@SpiralDeeArts) June 6, 2021