Today’s word of the day is ‘Repose.’ Let us understand more about this word.
repose [ ri-pohz ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vishraam
2. Spanish – Reposo
3. French – Repos
4. Mandarin – Xiūxí
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. A still, pale fog is soothing; it lulls nature to a kind of repose.
2. It has been said that unsettled questions have no pity for the repose of nations.
3. May you enjoy a better night’s repose than I am likely to have.
4. Circumstances have operated in conjunction with your skill to “medicine me to repose.”
5. Perhaps here she found the repose hitherto so vainly sought.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
inactivity, stillness, ease, inaction, leisure, peace, quiet, quietness, quietude, refreshment, relaxation, relaxing, renewal, respite, rest, restoration, sleep, slumber, tranquillity, requiescence etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
action, awakening, consciousness, wakefulness, work, agitation, disturbance, upset, worry
Yet it is in this loneliness that the deepest activities begin. It is here that you discover act without motion, labor that is profound repose, vision in obscurity, and, beyond all desire, a fulfillment whose limits extend to infinity.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!