Today’s word of the day is ‘Scowl‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun and a verb, i.e., it can be used as the subject of the sentence, or to describe an action or occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
1. An angry or bad-tempered expression
3. Frown in an angry or bad-tempered way
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Bhroobhang
2. Spanish – Ceño
3. French – Mine renfrognée
4. Mandarin – Zhòuméi tóu
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. In the rear I saw him light his pipe and puff and scowl in a puzzled way.
2. She stamped into the room with a scowl on her face
3. His ruddy English face was knotted in a scowl and his blue eyes were dark.
4. He must have some soft emotions, she thought, behind the scowl.
5. She scowled at him defiantly.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Smile, grin, beam, etc.
To hold happiness is to hold the understanding that the world passes away from us, that the petals fall and the beloved dies. No amount of mockery, no amount of fashionable scowling will keep any of us from knowing and savoring the pleasure of the sun on our faces or save us from the adult understanding that it cannot last forever.
You did an amazing job! I’m usually pissed about something anyway. It was a good call to put a scowl on my face. https://t.co/eC0lDJD2E2
— lazlo (@lazlothebuzz) October 31, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read.